Williamson County will host five open houses throughout the county to allow voters to practice with the new voting machines ahead of the November elections.
The Commissioners Court voted to purchase new machines in April. The voting process will have two machines—one that marks the ballot with the selected votes and a separate machine that tabulates the results.
The open house will allow voters to practice using the machines as well as ask any questions they may have.
Voting machine open houses:
- Aug. 7 9:30-11:30 a.m., Cowan Creek Amenity Center, 1433 Cool Spring Way, Georgetown
- Aug. 12 5:30-8 p.m., J.B. and Hallie Jester Annex, 1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd., Round Rock
- Aug. 13 5:30-8 p.m., Cedar Park Library, 550 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park
- Aug. 15 5:30-8 p.m., Hutto Public Library, 500 W. Live Oak St., Hutto
- Aug. 19 5:30-8 p.m., Williamson County Inner Loop Annex, 301 S.E. Inner Loop, Georgetown